Using this instruction sheet, determine and provide the appropriate documents in order to process your claim, and return them with your completed Unclaimed Money Form.
All claimants must refer to SECTION A for required documentation. If you are a claimant for a business, refer to SECTIONS A & B. If you are an HEIR or BENEFICIARY of the deceased owner, refer to SECTIONS A & C.
|The information Practices Act of 1977 and the Federal Privacy Act require this Division to inform you that your Social Security Number and other documents are requested for property identification and processing of your claim.
You have the right to view your records at this office by sending a request to: Riverside County Treasurer, Attn: Fiscal Compliance, P.O. Box 12005, Riverside, CA 92502-2205 or by calling (951) 955-3900, Monday through Friday 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M.
FAILURE TO PROVIDE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL RESULT IN THE CLAIM BEING DENIED FOR PAYMENT.
Section A: Claimant Identification
You are required to submit ALL of the following documents:
- Copy of a current government issued photo identification (e.g., driver license, state identification card, passport, etc.) for each claimant
- Specific documentation proving your ownership (e.g., property tax bill, grant deeds, proof of payment, etc.)
Section B: Business Identification
If you are an employee of the named account, you are required to submit ALL documents under SECTION A, PLUS the following:
- Personal business card
- A notarized affidavit authorizing you to claim such funds as an employee of the named account
- The authorized owner's signature
If you are the owner of the named account, you are required to submit ALL documents under SECTION A, PLUS the following:
- Any business related documentation naming you as the owner
SECTION C: Deceased Owner
If you are an HEIR of the deceased owner named on the account, you are required to submit ALL documents under SECTION A, the death certificate of the deceased owner, the signature of the Executor, Administrator or Attorney, PLUS one of the following:
- Complete copy of the Court Ordered Distribution of the Decedent’s Estate; or
- Complete copy of the decedent’s Will and/or Trust Agreement, if the distribution of the estate was not ordered by a court; or
- Copy of certified letters, dated within the past six months, appointing the Executor or Administrator of the Decedent’s Estate
Confirm that all required documents are included and send the entire package to:
Riverside County Treasurer
Attn: Fiscal Compliance - Unclaimed Money
P.O. Box 12005
Riverside, CA 92502-2205